04 Mar 2017
Golf Operations Manager in the NT
We are seeking a Golf Operations Manager (GOM) is to provide leadership and management of Golf NT’s programs and operations. In conjunction with the Golf NT Board, the GOM and Office Manager will manage the day to day operations of the Association and work to achieve the objectives of Golf NT’s Strategic Plan.
Golf NT is a not for profit peak sporting association that has 11 affiliated golf clubs as members with an associated membership of approximately 2500 individual golfers that are located across the Northern Territory.
The successful applicant should read the job description below and prepare an application that addresses the Selection Criteria. A brief resume of your recent employment should also be included.
For more information and to submit an application please contact our Office Manager via email email@example.com
Applications close on Thursday 16 March 2017
This is a full time position. A remuneration package of approximately $80,000 can be expected (this will include 1super, vehicle allowance and a mobile phone).
The main objectives of the Strategic Plan are:
• To promote and advance the game of golf, particularly in the Northern Territory.
• To promote, manage and control Association golf tournaments.
• Provide sustainable pathways for all golfers.
• Administer golf and its finances effectively.
• Establish and maintain relationships to develop golf.
• Generally to engender by association a communal feeling amongst golfers and to promote the best interests of the game.
The GOM is responsible for the following tasks on a regular basis for Golf NT:
Governance and Strategic Planning
• Provide executive reports as required by the Board.
• Manage the development, implementation and review of the Strategic Plan.
• Manage the Association to deliver the expected outcomes identified in the strategic plan.
Commercial and Finance
• Ensure that all projects and activities are conducted effectively and efficiently and managed within budget targets.
• Identify and rationalise expenditure where appropriate to ensure that the use of limited resources are maximised at all times.
• Assist in the areas of sponsorship, marketing, media and public relations.
• Maintain and review existing sponsorships, and increase sponsorship revenue through the establishment of new commercial partners.
• Oversee the management of all functions and programs, including high performance programs, events and tournaments.
• Assist with grant applications when applicable.
• Evaluate the Associations ability to deliver planned outcomes every six months and submit written reports to the Golf NT Board summarising the evaluation and expected impacts on achieving outcomes – in particular, post tournament reviews and review of NT Government and Golf Australia key performance indicator targets to ensure they are met.
• Provide support to the sub-committees of the Board when required.
• Develop and manage the risk management processes of the Association, including minimising the impact of risks to the Association via insurance protection and succession planning.
• Represent the Association to its membership. Develop and maintain strong communications and working relationships with member clubs.
• The GOM is expected to work independently, with demonstrated high level initiative, strategic thought processes and exceptional judgment to achieve all outcomes.
• Close liaison is required with the all office staff, the Board and members of Golf NT Sub-committees to identify and meet service and information requirements.
• The GOM role will require a significant commitment – there will be a requirement for irregular out of hours work and a small level of intrastate and interstate travel.
1. Demonstrated experience in the operations of a not for profit or similar organisation with the ability to be the leader and advocate for golf promotion and development within NT.
2. Ability to develop and support the promotion of current and new initiatives that encourage increased participation at all levels.
3. Demonstrated broad, management experience including sound business acumen, financial management, desktop computer software and social media understanding.
4. Possess strong relationship management skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders.
5. Possess strong communication skills, with the capacity to communicate information and recommendations accurately, clearly and succinctly.
National Police Check – Working with children (NT Ochre Card).